Some believe the flute dates back to around Bible times. In 2004 they found a flute made out of a mammoth tusk! The Bible says the flute was invented by a man named Yuval. Some people do not believe this. There are many theories about why the flute was created. Some think it was created so there could be an easier way to communicate. Some people think they were made in some way for hunting. Through the years there have been many new flutes added to the array of different types.
Tips and Tricks
- When trying to produce a sound from the flute think about blowing across the top of a bottle.
- After your finished playing wipe any finger prints off of your flute as after a while they can dull it.
- Use a key brush to clean in between the keys.
- Bring your flute to a repair shop at least once a year.
- When you are assembling your flute make sure you're not pressing too hard on any keys.
- Take a bottle and try to make a noise it is the same as the flute
- The flute has no reed.
- There are Four types of flutes, Side -blown, end-blown, rim-blown, and the duct flute. The side-blown flute is held sideways, while the end-blown flute is blown at the end or trip. The rim-blown flute is played by blowing across the top and the duct flute is played by blowing air into a channel located on the flute.
- The flute is the oldest instrument in the woodwind family.
CLICK HERE to read on how to play the flute!
CLICK HERE to learn your flute fingerings!
CLICK HERE for a fun flute game!