The saxophone was invented by the Belgian instrument, maker Adolphe Sax in 1840.The saxophone is known as a single-reed musical instrument that is a staple in jazz bands. In 1914 the saxophone entered the world of jazz bands. In 1928 the Sax factory was sold to the Henri Selmer Company.
- There 4 main types of saxophones, they are the Soprano Saxophone, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, and the Baritone saxophone.
- Saxophone reeds are made of bamboo.
- The saxophone is a woodwind.
- A normal saxophone has one reed.
- A person who plays the saxophone is called a saxophonist.
- A saxophone reed is made of bamboo.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure your saxophone doesn't leak. (require excessive air)
- Remember to put grease on the corks before putting your saxophone together!
- Lift your saxophone out of its case by the bell or bottom of the instrument
- Remember to use your neck strap this will make playing a lot easier
To hear what a saxophone sounds like click here!
This is from you tube. It is a guy playing the saxophone and playing (When I was your man) It is from gotgatus. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFT2LDzw03U